The first step to your own website or your corporate website is choosing a web domain. A simple but vital task for positioning priori, among others, of your page. We tell you what 10 things you should consider when choosing a web domain.
Our online business or internet presence of our company is taking shape. We know what we want to communicate, we have some ideas of how to communicate, we have the capital to carry it out and the steps we must follow to start and be successful. However, we lack the domain. And the web domain is always the jumpstart our web project. Here are 10 things you should consider when choosing a web domain.
1. Is your cover letter. Choosing a web domain is very important, remember that it is the first letter of your website. Choose an attractive name, with personality and identify you.
2. Do not sin ingenious. Do not be swayed by cliches or ingenious. Or expressions that might seem funny and even impossible words to remember. They will be helping to position your website on the internet. How about a web domain for your corporate website containing the sector where you want to? Example: toldosmadrid.com
3. Without numbers, not eñes. Best park difficult position characters, if not impossible. One of the things you should consider when choosing a web domain is to park numbers, eñes, special characters … decántate choose a domain semantic content, you’ll do great in Google.
4. Not too long. Your web domain should not be long, choose to shorten as much as possible and if words have many characters, at least including a few in your domain.
5. Think SEO. Always think of SEO in the natural positioning of your website. Choose a domain to help you get it. You will gain natural presence in search engines and you will save a lot of money in SEM.
6. Calls opinion. It may be that the web domain you chose you like you but may not be correct. Seeks comment from friends and close people. Make a small survey before deciding.
7. Keyword. Of course, one of the things you should consider when choosing a web domain is that it contains the keyword where you want to position yourself. Eye, you need not be solely on your professional activity in general. You can be more specific. That will be the SEO description where you’ll expand their services.
8. Always choose .com. When choosing a domain for your corporate website always decántate .com, it is best positioned and logically, it is easier to remember. If you can also register the .com. Defenestra .net, .org, etc …
9. domain expiration date. Let choosing your web domain make it a professional because they might not know and your domain has an expiration date.
10. subdomains. Increasingly important are the subdomains for your corporate website. Google has them in mind and can get you set free.
Choosing a domain is for life, ask friends which one sounds better before deciding and forewarned, make a record of it in your name and controls the expiration date of the domain, there are times we do not know but we hired a domain with an expiration date, keep this very clear. .net, .org, .com domains … there are many to choose from but always decántate the .com even register the same name with all possible domains will help for future controversies by websites similar names. And finally, pays special attention to the subdomains when choosing a domain, Google has them in mind. You can set them free.